Updated - July 05, 2017 at 8:50 a.m.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, JULY 05, 2017
4:30 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such
announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2017, to the
Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News,
TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
VI. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R7-03762, using Cooperative Contract #65MCESCCPS, with Jesco, Inc., for a 2017 John Deere Backhoe, for Vehicle Services, in the amount of $113,789.67. (2016 Capital Funds).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2016-11, for a second year, for Fine Paper and Envelopes, with Paper Mart, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $50,781.25.
VII. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT, Kevin P. Davis
- Public Alliance Insurance Coverage Group (PAIC) Surplus Funds presentation.
VIII. CULTURAL AND HERITAGE COMMISSION, Carrie Fellows
01. RESOLUTION - Approving re-granting of Special Project Grants, through the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the amount of $22,500.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 05, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of June 20, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Denise Childers, Senior Program Development Specialist, Human Services Department, temporary salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Eric T. Johnson, Assistant County Engineer, Division of Engineering, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Chris Leffler appointed provisional, full time Road Repairer 1, (w/CDL Certification), Roads and Bridges Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Mackenzie Quick appointed temporary, as needed Intern, Administrative Office.
- RESOLUTION - Ryan Ziemba appointed provisional, full time Traffic Maintenance Supervisor, Division of Roads and
- RESOLUTION - Laura Kroon-Bush appointed Provisional, Senior Park
Naturalist, Division of Parks, Department of Planning,
Economic Development and Land use.
- RESOLUTION - Carl Schottman appointed Provisional, Senior Park
Ranger, Division of Parks of the Department of
Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - William Sterling appointed part-time Library Assistant,
in the County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Noah Barringer appointed Seasonal Laborer, Buildings and Maintenance Division.
- RESOLUTION - Jack Butler appointed Seasonal Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Nicholas Lafevre appointed Seasonal Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Karen Truppi appointed as a grant funded (Preparedness Grant), part-time Pubic Health Nurse, Division of Health, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - CWA Rank and File salary adjustments in the Division of Social Services, in accordance with the CWA agreement.
- RESOLUTION - CWA Rank and File salary adjustments for non-Social Services employees, in accordance with the CWA agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Collective Bargaining Agreement with
the Hunterdon County Sheriff’s Officers Association, FOP #94.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for the Echo Hill Bridge.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for the Hazardous Waste Clean-Up Days.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for the Electronics Recycling Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for a
communicable disease specialist, to provide technical
assistance to the Public Health Nursing Staff and Health Division Staff, as part of the as part of the annual Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness (LCCPHEP) grant, to KBD Associates, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $16,520.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2016-19, for Drainage Improvements to County Route 519 and County Route 635, in Bethlehem and Kingwood Townships, with JTG Construction, increase of $30,695.
RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Resurfacing of County Route 627, in Holland Township.
RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Resurfacing of County Routes 512 and 513, in Franklin, Tewksbury and Union Townships.
RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements for County Route 604, in Delaware Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2015-27, for Roadway Resurfacing of County Route 513, in High Bridge Borough and Clinton and Lebanon Township, to Schifano Construction, Corp., in the amount of $17,517.28.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Temporary Access Easement agreement with Kevin Radigan, to transport three (3) delivery trucks through County Park property, during
construction of his home, in the amount of $1.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Inter-County Agreement with Warren County, for the Participation and Management of the FEMA Flood Mitigation Assistance Grant, FY 2015 FMA-PJ-02-NJ-2015-004.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the adoption of County Policy 2017-02, Title VI Nondiscrimination Policy.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application renewal for the Gangs, Guns and Narcotics Task Force Grant, with the State Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $43,750. (No County Match).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jim Davidson for having served on the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing William C. Armstrong, Boy Scout Troop 112, for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the Hunterdon County YMCA, Camp Carr on its 50th Anniversary.
- High Bridge Borough, requesting permission to close a portion of
County Route 513, between Fairview Avenue and West Main Street,
during a parade to commemorate the 275th Anniversary of Taylor Wharton, from 12:30 p.m. until 3:00 p.m., on October 14, 2017.
- Lambertville Historical Society, requesting permission to use a LINK Bus during their 2017 Autumn House Tours, on Sunday, October 15, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. To be coordinated through the County’s Department of Human Services.
- Kevin Cahalan, Marine Corps League, Hunterdon Bulldogs, request to place a collection box (total of 2) for worn out flag, at the County’s Library locations.
- Assignment Judge Yoland Ciccione’s update on Criminal Justice
Reform for the first quarter.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)