TENTATIVE AGENDA (updated 02/06/2018 at 3:50pm)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2018
4:30 pm - Convene Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2018, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz, Superintendent
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring February 2018 as Career and Technical Month in Hunterdon County.
VII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-26, for Janitorial Services for various County Buildings, to ACB Services, in an amount not to exceed $253,341.60.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Gary Hazard for having served as a member on the Raritan Valley Community College Board of Trustees.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Stephen Cheney, Boy Scout Troop 62, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Brendan Antrosiglio, Boy Scout Troop 187, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing John McDowell, Boy Scout Troop 187, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing John Patrick Tynan, Boy Scout Troop 187, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Patrick McCarthy, Boy Scout Troop 187, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
IX. CULTURAL and HERITAGE COMMISSION, Carrie Fellows
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission, the administration of the New Jersey Historical Commission County History Partnership Program grant funds for 2018, in the amount of $22,490. (CHPP Grant - $17,490; C&H - $5,000).
X. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- RESOLUTION - Adopting Dedication by Rider policy for the Division of Economic Development.
XI. COUNTY SHERIFF, Fred Brown
- Report on Alcotest Shared Service.
XII. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT, Kevin Davis
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 06, 2018.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of January 16, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Adjusting salaries for employees covered under the FOP 94 Union Contract.
- RESOLUTION - Hesham A. Ebrahim appointed full-time, unclassified Financial Assistant, Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - Andrew Ward appointed full time Laborer, Division of Roads, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Theresa Cleary-Knight, SART Coordinator, County Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Kathleen Hynes, Principal Account Clerk, Finance Division,
Human Services Department, salary adjustment in accordance with CWA Bargaining Agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Suzanne Sollner-Figler, Laborer, Division of Parks and Recreation, Planning, Economic Development and Land Use Department, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Gloss appointed full-time Laborer, Division of Roads, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Schultz appointed the County’s 911 Coordinator, Division of Communications, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Alyssa Myrnyj appointed full-time, unclassified, Victim Witness Advocate, Hunterdon County Prosecutor.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an extension of the Internship of Mary Evers, County Administrator’s Office, January 1, 2018 through March 31, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a temporary salary adjustment for Scott Carver, Equipment Operator, Road Division, Public Works Department, in accordance with the CWA Agreement, for temporarily filling the Supervising Road Repairer role.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Jersey Central Power and Light, for the installation of electric distribution facilities, in the amount of $11,579.72.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to County Policy #99-2, Costs and Expenses Reimbursed by County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #3, for Bid #2016-17, for the 2017 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County Roads, with Top Line Construction, decrease of $69,603.06.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids to Furnish and Deliver Maintenance and Repair Materials for the Division of Roads and Bridges, for the Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional agreement for Government Accounting Services, to PM Consultants, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $60,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments/reappointments to various County Boards, Commissions, Committees and Councils.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments/reappointments to the Professional Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments to the New Jersey Association of Counties.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an appointment to the National Association of Counties.
- RESOLUTION - Revising the Freeholder Appointments and Liasionships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant Award with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, accepting funds for the (SANE/SART) project, in the amount of $122,955. (Federal Funds - $76,792; County Match - $46,163).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revision of a grant agreement with the State Department of Environmental Protection, to fund a project designating the Hunterdon Planning Board to use its resources to develop and complete the County Wastewater Management Plan, in an amount not to exceed $100,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the FTA Section 5311 grant, Operating Assistance Agreement for 2018, in the amount of $308,670; (FTA Section 5311 - $154,335; County Match - $154,335).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2018 Subregional Transportation Planning Program, with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $88,762.50. (Federal Highway and Transportation Authority: $77,010; County Match: $17,752.50).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the New Jersey Transit Corporation, for the 2018 Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Act funding, in the amount of $332,284.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with the State Department of Human Services, for Transportation Block Grant Funds, for LINK Services for TANF consumers, in the amount of $33,768.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with the State Department of Human Services, for the provision of transportation services for the elderly, disabled, low-income and general public, in the amount of $124,434; and a Public Donor Agreement with the County Department of Human Services, to provide donated resources to fulfill the Social Services Block Grant, in the amount of $31,109.
- Hunterdon County School Nurse Association, requesting permission to have the insurance waived for use of a County meeting room.
- Hunterdon Watercolor Society, requesting permission to have the insurance waived for use of a County meeting room.
- People First of Hunterdon County, requesting a waiver of insurance for use of a County meeting room at the Route 12 County Complex.
- Whitehouse Rescue Squad, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on
April 21 and 22, 2018 and on October 27 and 28, 2018, on County Route
523 in front of the Squad building, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)