HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2018
4:30 pm - Convene Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2018, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Professional Services Agreement, for Fee Accounting Services for the Department of Human Services - Housing Services Division, with David Ciarrocca C.P.A., LLC, in the amount of $14,400.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Professional Services Agreement, for a Housing Auditor for the Department of Human Services - Housing Services Division, with Suplee, Clooney & Company, in the amount of $9,180.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Professional Services Agreement, for Auditing and Accounting Services for the 2018 County Audit and budget preparation assistance, with Wiss & Company LLC, in the amount of
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Kevin Davis
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing comment in opposition to proposed New State Beekeeping Regulations.
- RESOLUTION - Urging Governor Phil Murphy and the New Jersey State Legislature to enact legislation that will permanently extend the 2% cap on binding interest arbitration awards.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated January 16, 2018.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 19, 2017 and the Reorganization minutes of January 02, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Sean DiGrazia appointed provisional, full-time Road Repairer 1 (CDL Class A certification), Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Will Spencer appointed provisional, full-time Road Repairer 1 (CDL Class A certification), Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Timothy Althamer appointed Corrections Officer, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Holly Hoff appointed Supervising Advocate Victim- Witness Program, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Jane Griffith appointed Social Worker, Division of Seniors, Disabilities and Veterans Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Veronica Tamayo appointed Senior Account Clerk, Division of Seniors, Disabilities and Veterans Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Jason Lawrence, Road Repairer 1, Division of Roads and Bridges,
Department of Public Works, for completion of the
CDL Class A certification in accordance with the CWA Rank and File contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Policy #2005-03, Fringe Benefit Policy for Constitutional Officers, Department Heads, unclassified and non-contractual employees.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2017-11, for 2017 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County Roads in various Municipalities, with Top Line Construction, in the amount of $35,385.07.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2016-03, for Resurfacing and Safety Improvements to Route 579, in the Townships of Franklin and Union, to Black Rock Enterprises, LLC, in the amount of $53,604.40.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the submission of a GP21 Permit to the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for the installation of above ground utility lines.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of a Performance Bond, for Frontage Improvements on County Route 519, Block 13, Lot 14, in Alexandria Township, in the amount of $75,000.00, to Helen V. Weeast.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Inter-County Agreement with Somerset County for the Painting of Bridge T-35-S, on McCann Mill Road over the Lamington River, in Tewksbury Township, Hunterdon County; and Bedminster Township, Somerset County. The cost of the project will be shared 50/50 by each County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Subgrant Award #FY17-EMPG-EMAA- 1000 with the New Jersey State Police for existing salaries and wages for the Division of Emergency Management, in the amount of $110,344.71. (Federal Award-$55,000.00, County Match-$55,344.71).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Hunterdon County Municipal Alliance
Strategic Plan, to access $181,380.00 in State funds
from the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug
Abuse, for the grant period beginning July 1, 2018
through June 30, 2019.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant contract with the New Jersey
Historical Commission, to administer the County
History Partnership Program grant, in FY2018, in the
amount of $22,490.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Subgrant
Award, for the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office,
with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public
Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, Office of the
Attorney General, in the amount of $244,555.00
(Federal Funds - $179,858; County Match -$64,697).
- Raymond Campeau, requesting permission to again use certain Hunterdon County roads, during their 11th Annual JerseyMan Multi- Sport event, to take place at Round Valley Reservoir, on Sunday,
May 20, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Roads will be monitored by the police departments of Clinton Township and Readington.
- Hunterdon Helpline, requesting permission to again use the historic
Courthouse steps and access to outdoor electricity, for the 2018
Salsa Night on Saturday, July 21, 2018, from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Hunterdon County School Nurse Association, requesting permission to again have the fee waived for use of a County meeting room.
- Hunterdon Watercolor Society, requesting permission to again have the fee waived for use of a County meeting room.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)