www.co.hunterdon.nj.us | Hunterdon County Solid Waste and Recycling Services
HOME COUNTY PROGRAMS HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE CONTACT
Route 12 County Complex
Building #1, 2nd Floor
PO Box 2900
Flemington, NJ 08822-2900
BUSINESSES RESIDENTS MUNICIPALITIES RESOURCES
COUNTY RECYCLING SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
TOPICS: Transfer Station
Special County Programs:
- Paints, Oil, Propane Tanks & Smoke Detectors (POPS) Collection Day Recycling and Waste Disposal Recycling Resource Providers (Private Haulers) (pdf) Recycling Locations County Recycling Education Plan HUNTERDON COUNTY SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING GUIDE
RECYCLING.... A County-Wide Effort
A Recycling Education Plan was presented to the Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders on December 4, 2012 by the County's Solid Waste Advisory Council's Education Committee.
The Plan calls for increasing overall recycling rates of businesses, schools and households in the county through education through a Recycling Education Grant.
6 key points will be addressed in this Recycling Education Plan.
- Revise our County Website: Provide expanded information to our residents, local schools and businesses as well as our municipalities.
- Consistent Messaging: Recycle and Reduce Waste. It's not just about the environment… It's about Saving Money for Municipalities and Businesses Right Here In Hunterdon
- Call to Action: Residential Mailings
- Business Resource Materials: Such as Chamber hosted meetings, Health Department training and checklists, Municipality training and materials, Recognition program and incentives and Downloadable signs
- Hauler's Mailing Insert: Develop a flyer for businesses and residents for 2013 bills, Materials collected, Materials to be brought to DPWs and Possible Policies - for not recycling- right to not pick up garbage and fine charged to hauler for picking up recycling in garbage
- School Education Program: Training in a box, Lunch room trash audit, Success stories shared on Media, Earth Day 2013 recycling programs in all schools
Recycling is an important way for individuals and businesses to reduce the waste they generate. Hunterdon County residents and businesses have access to a variety of recycling opportunities.
Each of Hunterdon's Municipalities manages recycling and waste disposal differently. Some municipalities provide curbside recycling and waste collection; many have subscriptions with private waste haulers; and in other areas recycling and waste need to be taken by residents to their designated facility.
Residential - The primary way for residents to recycle is through curbside collection run by either a private hauler you contract with or with your municipality. Information on the availability of curbside collection can be found in the recycling resources section of this booklet. Residents should be aware that guidelines for what can be recycled and how to prepare and sort the recyclables vary by hauler.
Within Hunterdon County there are municipal and private recycling drop-off locations. These drop-off locations provide local residents the ability to properly recycle. Collection locations and general information can be found by contacting the municipality. These locations may also host household electronic waste collection events.
The Hunterdon County Transfer Station is a drop-off location open to all county residents to dispose of recyclables, waste, and bulky household items on Saturdays between the hours of 10:30 am to 1:00 pm.
HOME | HUNTERDON COUNTY SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING SERVICES | County Recycling Programs and Information