PARKS AND RECREATION DIVISION
- Tom Sheppard, Chief Park Naturalist doing workshops for Holland School , in turn, Dr. Nancy Yard will provide anti-bullying training for Camp Counselors.
- Duke Estates hosted a training workshop at Musconetcong Gorge, in turn, Laura Bush, Naturalist attended for free for use of our park.
- Sourlands Conservancy hosted a night walk at Sourland Mtn. Preserve, Tom Sheppard, Chief Park Naturalist, attended for free for use of our park.
- NJWA conducted a stream study for Earth Day, parks monitor and care for Crystal Springs.
- Master Gardeners hosted a Hypertufa class for parks in order to keep their Master Gardener status.
- Adopt A Trail
- Assisted Fish & wildlife for stocking 300 trout, in a 1 mile stretch of the Musconetcong River along Pt. Mt Preserve
- Prosecutor’s, Rangers, Local Police conducted search and rescue training at Teetertown Preserve
- Co-Sponsored World Music Day on Oct. 1 and Jazzfest on Sept. 16th at Deer Path Park.
- Partnered with Spruce Run Chapter of the National Wildlife Turkey Federation for annual Disability Hunt at Heron Glen
- Partnered with the Hunterdon Central Workplace Readiness Program
Eagle Scout Projects:
- Podium and Sign Board for Heron Glen
- Fix trail on Round Mt, off Foot Hill Rd
- Repair creek crossing at Stanton Station
- New Trail on Furnas Section of Arboretum
- Build Kiosk at Three Bridges for river
- Repair picnic site at Teetertown
HEALTH SERVICES DIVISION
- Recycling activity and Tonnage reports mailed out to Commercial establishments
- Hosted Shredding event
- Continued electronics and hazardous materials collection and recycling events
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Provided the following shared services throughout the year for Municipalities:
- Salt storage
- Chip Seal
- Surplus equipment
- Equipment loaning
- Sign manufacturing
- Engineering advice
- Traffic line striping
- Traffic counts
All Hunterdon municipalities that were not members of the Hunterdon County Cooperative Purchasing program were contacted and are now members.
The following are the contracts that were made available to the cooperative members for the year 2016.
| BID#: 2016-09
Application of Traffic Stripes on Various County and Municipal Roads Located in The County of Hunterdon
Resurfacing and Surface Treatment Program of Various County Roads
Furnish and Deliver Snow and Ice Control Materials for Roads & Bridges
Furnish & Deliver 1 (one) 2015 Volvo L70H Wheel Loader with Tier 4 Final Emissions and Associated Equipment or Approved Equivalent CONTRACT EXTENDED TO: 6/1/17
- Finalized installation of records shelving
- Updated and completed depository agreement for records storage
- Contacted Municipal Clerks with updated records storage information
- Commitment for records storage finalized with Delaware Township
In addition, the Information Services Division continued to provide the following shared services for Municipalities.
- Office Stationary: Letterhead, Envelopes, & Business Cards
- Pamphlets & Booklets
- Posters Up To 12" X 18"
- Post Cards
- Full-Color Copies
- High Speed Copying
- Uniform Construction Code [UCC] Forms, Stickers, Folders, Permit and Violation Placards
- Full Bindery Services: Folding, Perfect Book Binding, Plastic Coil Insertion
- Graphic Design and Artwork Correction
- Bulk Mailing Preparation and Delivery to USPS
- Address Correction and Printing
- Database Management
- Secured Climate Controlled Records and Document Storage
- Records Management Training and Assistance
- GIS worked with Tax Board and Planning to solicit interest in Municipal tax mapping
- Results were that the service was not cost effective to the County based on Municipal responses and level of commitment
- The availability of providing I.T. services was discussed and has been determined that it will be revisited sometime in 2017 after the I.T. review