the Office of Volunteer Services
Hunterdon County government services, the County provides an approach to tap into the valuable resources
of talent, creativity, experience, education and enthusiasm possessed
by the citizens in our community.
currently wanted in a wide variety of positions: performing clerical
duties, helping on one day projects, driving seniors to medical appointments,
straightening and maintaining library materials and enhancing habitats
in county parks.
Volunteer for Hunterdon County Government?
provide enhanced services that otherwise might not be
possible. By volunteering you can . . .
- Gain opportunities
to learn new job skills and work experiences that may be added to
- Develop a better
understanding of county government, help your neighbors and be a valuable
- Get involved
in your local government to enhance and enrich government services
and the quality of life in this community.
- Put your experience
and skills to good use.
wanting to contribute something . . . working people, retirees, homemakers,
college students and young people ages sixteen and older. Persons between
the ages of 12 and 16 may volunteer for a limited time, such as 6 months,
the summer or a specific number of hours as required by school or other
organizations subject to County approval.
Wanted for Hunterdon County Government Opportunities
Hunterdon County is looking for volunteers to enhance
our ability to provide a wide array of public service to our citizens.
Currently there are volunteer opportunities in the following departments:
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, PLANNING AND LAND USE:
- Art Goes To School Program- Homemakers, retired men and women, part-time workers, parents, singles, ages 19 to 90, are invited to teach art appreciation to schoolchildren. Learn about famous paintings and their painters in free workshops and then communicate, in your own style, to the most enthusiastic listeners ever - young children. If you (or someone you know) like art and are interested in working with children, in expanding your own horizons of knowledge and visiting art museums and galleries with our enthusiastic group of volunteers, and have a few free hours available during the school year.............WE WANT YOU!!
For more information on the Art Goes To School Program, please contact the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission at 908-788-1490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARKS AND RECREATION DIVISION
See the Parks Division information on how to volunteer for: Events, Public Programs, Camps, and Monitoring & Maintenance at: www.co.hunterdon.nj.us/depts/parks/volunteeropps.htm
Download Parks Division Volunteer Opportunities Application Form
- Hunterdon County Medical Reserve Corps- A local response is the first response to any disaster. The Medical Reserve Corps serves to help strengthen local communities' emergency response during large-scale local emergencies. Training programs are provided for all volunteers. To become part of the Hunterdon County Medical Reserve Corps, contact Tom Kachnowski, Hunterdon MRC Coordinator at (908) 806-4968 or email@example.com
- Mosquito & Vector Control Program- Volunteer wanted for basic office work, laboratory work and fieldwork with the Mosquito Program. Please contact Tadhgh Rainey, at (908) 806-4417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Animal Response Team (CART) involves a wide variety of people interested in helping animals in disasters. Email OEM Coordinator Brayden Fahey for information email@example.com or call 908-788-1196 .
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) members give critical support to first responders in emergencies, provide immediate assistance to victims, organize spontaneous volunteers at a disaster site, and collect disaster intelligence to support first responder efforts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hazardous Materials Response Team (HAZMAT) consists of members of volunteers from private industry and the emergency services as well as employees of the Hunterdon County Health Department. The team is fully trained and equipped and is frequently called out for hazardous materials incidents. They also assist in training the members of the local emergency services. Email OEM Coordinator Brayden Fahey for information email@example.com or call 908-788-1196.
- Technical Rescue Task Force (HCTRTF) is a joint effort between Clinton First Aid and Rescue Squad, Flemington – Raritan First Aid and Rescue Squad, Whitehouse Rescue Squad, and the Hunterdon County Office of Emergency Management. The task force was originally organized during 2004. The participating agencies have a significant investment in the task force, including highly trained personnel as well as an extensive equipment cache that is required to respond and mitigate these types of “High Risk – Low Frequency” emergencies. The HCTRTF has operated at a number of incidents within Hunterdon County, and has responded on mutual aid requests to a number of surrounding counties. Email OEM Coordinator Brayden Fahey for information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-788-1196.
All Library Volunteer Positions are currently filled. You may still fill out an application and we will place you on a waiting list. Thank you.
Volunteers assist with shelving, shelf maintenance, displays, processing library materials and special projects.
Headquarters Library (314 State Route 12, Flemington) please contact Linda Zdepski, Extension Services & Volunteer Liaison at (908) 788-1277 or email@example.com
North County Branch Library (65 Halstead Street, Clinton), please contact Mary Noone-Kozakiewicz, Reference Librarian and Volunteer Liaison at (908) 730-6135 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Fix-it Program (908) 806-4183 -The Mr. Fix-it Grant Program is a volunteer program that provides home maintenance and repair service to Hunterdon County residents, age 60 and over, and people with disabilities. Mr. Fix-it Volunteers perform those jobs that, if neglected, would adversely affect the health or safety of the resident. Volunteers choose the area of the Hunterdon County that they would like to cover and specify skills they can provide (chores, plumbing, electrical work, etc.). Please contact Sabrina Baarda, Coordinator of Volunteers at (908) 806-4183 or email@example.com
Mr. Fix-It Volunteer Registration and Screening
- Senior Health Insurance Program (S.H.I.P) Volunteer Counselor (908) 788-1361 - Would you like to provide counseling on Medicare and other health insurance plans, or information to people who soon will be eligible for Medicare? If so, become a S.H.I.P. (Senior Health Insurance Program) counselor and attend a training session that will provide all the necessary information. S.H.I.P. volunteers meet with clients every Wednesday morning from 9:30 – 12:00. For more information please contact Pia Rey-Doklan, Field Representative at (908) 788-1361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Bill Payers (908) 788-1361 Volunteers assist seniors and people with disabilities who need assistance with financial paperwork such as check writing, record keeping or budgeting. Training and basic liability insurance is provided. Please contact Joseph Pacella at (908) 788-1361
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance - VITA (908) 782-3414 Volunteers coordinated through the UNITED WAY OF HUNTERDON COUNTY provides seniors, people with disabilities and low-to-moderate income individuals and families who need assistance with income taxes and PTR forms. Please contact email@example.com - 908-782-3414 for information.
- Volunteer Driver Program (908) 806-4194 -Volunteers wanted to drive Hunterdon County seniors or people with disabilities in County owned vehicles for medical appointments that may be in or out of Hunterdon County. Volunteer Drivers may specify where they do not want to drive. This Office requires Volunteers to have a New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission background check performed by this Office prior to any volunteer placement and assignment. For more information, please contact Marian Herman, Volunteer Driver Coordinator at (908) 806-4194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNTY BOARDS, COMMITTEES, COUNCILS OR COMMISSIONS
Interested in being on one of Hunterdon's Boards, Committees, Councils or Commissions? Click here to find out how.
We look forward
to having you join our team.