About the Board
The Hunterdon County Planning Board was established by the Board of Commissioners in 1957 under the New Jersey County and Regional Planning Act of 1935. The Board consists of nine members including the Commissioner Director, another Commissioner, the County Engineer, six citizen members and two alternate members. The citizen members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
The Hunterdon County Planning Board's statutory responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare and adopt a master plan for the physical development of the County
- Review subdivision and site plan applications
- Encourage municipal cooperation in matters of mutual and regional concern
- Advise the Board of Chosen Commissioners on capital budgets and expenditures
- Maintain a file on municipal master plans and development regulations