Become a Poll Worker
Poll Workers Wanted!
Becoming A Poll Worker
Poll Workers help the Community exercise their right to vote!
Although done on a volunteer basis, a Poll Worker is a hired, paid
position. The standard pay rate for an Election Day is $300, although
compensation may vary depending on the hours of the election and an
additional stipend is available for workers who pick up and drop off
materials before and after polling hours. There are major elections in
June and November each year. Reliable Poll Workers are essential to the
- Poll workers must be able to work from approximately 5:15am to 8:30pm (a one-hour break for meals is included) and must have transportation to and from their assigned polling location.
- Must be a registered voter in Hunterdon County.
- Must attend a mandatory training class. Attending training certifies you to work for two calendar years.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Set up voting machine, poll books, and other materials.
- Check-in voters and verify their signature.
- If necessary, assist voters in casting their ballot.
- Close polls at the end of the day.
Rate Of Pay
- $300 for a full day
How to Apply
- Submit a completed Poll Worker Application to our Poll Worker Coordinator.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 908-806-4686>
Mail to: Board of Elections - P.O. Box 2900, Flemington NJ 08822
Must attend a mandatory training class. Attending training certifies youto work for two calendar years.
Currently a Poll Worker
Saturday, October 14th. 9:00am & 12:00pm
Thursday, October 19th. 10:00am
314 State Route 12, Bldg. #1,
Flemington, NJ 08822 MAP
Classes are approximately 2 hours long.
Please contact the Hunterdon County Board of Elections via email or call 908-788-1190 for additional information and to register for a class.
Read through the Hunterdon County Board Worker Training Manual (PDF) (last updated October, 2023).
Online Poll Worker Training
View locations of Hunterdon's Current District Polling Places.