Pre-registration required. Submit our three registration and medical forms with cash/check payment to H.C. Parks. Mail to P.O. Box 2900, Flemington, NJ 08822 or drop off at the Hunterdon County Arboretum, 1020 State Highway 31, Lebanon, NJ 08833. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
National Walking Day
- Date: Wednesday, April 5
- Session A: 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- Session B: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- Session C: 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
- Location: Deer Path Park
- Ages: all (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Cost: free! (pre-registration required)
- Class size: 14 per session
- Instructors: Liz Braidwood-Fulmer and Patrick Eckard, Recreation Program Coordinators
National Walking Day is every year on the first Wednesday in April and takes place on April 5 this year. National Walking Day is exactly as it sounds—a day to celebrate the easiest way to be the healthiest version of you. Walking for thirty to sixty minutes per day may sound like it isn’t much, but studies have shown that it can drastically improve your health and even help prevent ailments such as type II diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Join the Parks recreation staff Liz and Patrick as we do three walks for National Walking Day at Deer Path Park. We will walk three different times: morning, afternoon, and evening. We hope that you can come out for one of those times and enjoy the park!