Pre-registration required. Submit our registration and medical forms with cash/check payment to H.C. Parks. Mail to P.O. Box 2900, Flemington, NJ 08822 or drop off at the Hunterdon County Arboretum, 1020 State Highway 31, Lebanon, NJ 08833. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Birding Musconetcong Gorge
- Date: Saturday, May 20
- Time: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Location: Musconetcong Gorge Preserve
- Ages: 8 through adult (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Cost: $6 per person (pre-registration required)
- Class size: 15 participants
- Instructor: Laura Bush, Principal Park Naturalist
At the height of spring migration, let’s bird a new location, Musconetcong Gorge Preserve in Holland Township. Principal Park Naturalist Laura Bush will guide the group through the forest habitat where Hooded Warblers, Worm-eating Warblers, and Swainson’s Thrushes have been observed in the past. We will meet at the main parking area, 182 Dennis Road, Bloomsbury 08804. Expect to walk at least 1 ½ miles on a rocky trail with an uphill slope on the return. For birders of any ability level; binoculars will be available to borrow. Please note, there are no restroom facilities at this location.