In 2020, The Hunterdon County Department of Human Services partnered with the Hunterdon County Sheriff's Office, with the idea to bring resources, education, and services to the community to address the opioid epidemic. The Hunterdon County Department of Human Services was awarded an Innovation Grant from the State of New Jersey to outfit a Hope One vehicle.
The HOPE ONE van is centered around a Stigma-Free environment intended to provide education, resources, and outreach to individuals and families who may have difficulty accessing services. The program’s goal is to provide access to drug rehabilitation and counseling before individuals encounter the criminal justice system. Hope One will be staffed by a County Sheriff’s office and a Department of Human Services staff member.
Hope One Services
- Substance Use Disorder Information and Resources
- Mental Health Information and Resources
- Harm Reduction Information
- Prescription Medication Drop Off
- SNAP and Medicaid Enrollment
- Housing and Social Service Resources
- Referral Assistance Immediate help is given when available
- Narcan education
- Community Resource Referrals
- Family Guidance and Support
- Partnership for Health Substance Abuse Action Team, View Are you having too much fun? (PDF)
- NJ Hunterdon View Resource Guide (PDF)
This directory aims to provide information regarding available community resources. Resources listed are not evaluated nor does the provision of information about a resource constitute an endorsement. The omission of resources does not signify disapproval.