Safe in Hunterdon
Safe in Hunterdon empowers adult and child survivors of domestic and sexual abuse while collaborating with our community to prevent violence and create positive social change.
- 24 Hour Hotline Assistance- crisis counseling, information, referral, assessment for a safe house, and safety planning.
- Crisis Intervention- the Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT) and Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) provide emotional support, information, and advocacy for victims at Hunterdon Medical Center, all Hunterdon County police departments, and State Police barracks.
- Safe Housing- survivors (and their children) fleeing from violence may enter. Staff is present 24 hours a day and offers supportive counseling, advocacy, and case management services.
- THRIVE- Transitional Housing- transitional home following safe housing into semi-permanent housing. Offers domestic and sexual violence survivors and their children supportive counseling, advocacy, and case management services.
- Counseling, Advocacy, and Creative Arts Therapy- individual and group counseling for survivors 3 years old and up, of human trafficking, domestic and sexual violence. Services are offered at the main office as well as at confidential locations throughout Hunterdon County.
- Legal Advocacy- domestic and sexual violence survivors can obtain legal information and referral to legal services about their rights under NJ state law. A Court Advocate is available to accompany and support survivors at certain court hearings.
- SAFE's Legal HAVEN- a network of attorneys that assist victims of domestic and sexual violence who are plaintiffs in final restraining order hearings.
- Primary Prevention- SAFE works collaboratively with Hunterdon County schools and the community to provide prevention and awareness initiatives aimed at reducing and preventing domestic and sexual violence.
- Prison Programming- provides individual and group counseling for female survivors of domestic and sexual violence who are incarcerated at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women.
- Human Trafficking- partners and collaborates with human trafficking agencies across the state to provide services to victims, as well as outreach and community training.
- Economic Empowerment- workshops for individuals and groups are offered to utilize an empowerment curriculum. The curriculum assists clients with repairing/managing their financial circumstances.