What happens if I am deemed ineligible

Applicants will receive written notice of the disposition of their application.

If ineligible, the applicant may appeal by requesting an informal hearing in writing before a County-designated hearing officer who did not make or approve the eligibility decision. The hearing will be conducted in a manner whereby each party will have an opportunity to present their position in full.

The hearing officer will render a decision in writing within 15 calendar days of the scheduled hearing. The applicant will have the right to legal counsel at their own expense. If the applicant cannot afford an attorney, they may contact:

Hunterdon County Legal Services Corporation 
82 Park Avenue
Flemington, NJ 08822 
Phone: 908-782-7979

Show All Answers

1. What happens once I am approved?
2. How will my improvements be funded
3. What happens if I am deemed ineligible