Term Expires: December 31, 2025
- Liaison, Budget Committee
- Liaison, Department of Public Safety/ OEM
- Liaison, Sheriff’s Office
- Liaison, County Clerk’s Office
- Liaison, Surrogate’s Office
- Liaison, Board of Elections
- Liaison, Board of Taxation
- Liaison, Veterans Affairs
- Member, Hunterdon County Vocational School, Board of School Estimate
- Member, New Jersey Association of Counties (Alternate Member)
Professional Life & Education
John E. Lanza has been a practicing attorney since 2001 and has worked with his family's Flemington-based law firm, Lanza and Lanza LLP, since its founding in 2005. He is a lifetime resident of Hunterdon County and currently lives with his wife and children, in Raritan Township.
Mr. Lanza earned a political science degree from Boston College in 1998 and graduated cum laude from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2001. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey (2001) and the District of Columbia (2012). Mr. Lanza specializes in estate matters, including planning, administration and litigation.
Mr. Lanza was first elected to the Board of County Commissioners in 2013 in his first bid for public office, and is currently serving his third term on the Board.
Read through Commissioner Director Lanza's Reapportionment Commission Testimony on February 14, 2022 (PDF).